Here are 5 steps to create a quality gig demo video:
Step 1: Performance recording with Mixcraft 8
Capturing a video performance with a camcorder never does justice to audio. After placement of the camcorder and room prop staging is complete, plug the mic and guitar direct into your audio interface. Check signals to make sure they are not too hot. Since you are capturing a live performance, set the metronome in Mixcraft 8 to "Record Count-In Measures" ONLY. Record until you nail a take!
Step 2: Insert and sync video track in Mixcraft 8Mixcraft 8 supports MP4 and will load videos from most all camcorders on the market today.
- Use Time instead of Beat because recording is a real-time performance.
2. Click on "Video", "Add Video".
3. Click on Video "fx" icon to edit.
- Sun was seeping thru the windows so I added the "Lightness" effect setting the node appropriately.
4. Playback to sync video to audio.
- Turn "Snap to Grid" off. Zoom out and move clips left or right to sync video to audio tracks.
Step 3: Edit audio tracks, add audio effects
1. Click on "Track", "Add Guitar Submix Track".
- This step is optional. Because I noticed a section of the solo clipping (see 3), I split the clip and moved it to a 2nd guitar track to isolate.
2. Click on "fx" icon to add guitar effects.
- For this project I used Acoustica EQ, Classic Chorus and Fusion Field bundled plug-ins.
3. Added Classic Compressor on 2nd guitar track to minimize noise on clipping solo part.
4. Added the same effects on the vocal track.
1. Click "Video", "Add Images" and select image.
- Image will load onto the video track. Extend image clip over the video clip for cross-fade effect.
2. Click on Video Track "+/-" button to open Text Track.
- Click on text track exactly where you want to insert the text. Text and video clips are treated the same way in Mixcraft 8 as an audio clip. Click on clip to cut, copy, paste, move, extend or reduce.
3. Click on "Now Marker", "Video", "Add Video", select video file.
- If video clip is overlaying the main performance video clip, it defaults to a pretty cool superimpose effect producing a fading in and out of the two clips. You can also right click on the video track to add "video lanes" to insert a 2nd clip separately as well.
4. Double click on text clips to edit and add motion.
- In the "Edit Text" dialog box, click on the Text tab to change font, font size, color and placement. Click on the Fade and Motion tabs to add duration-sensitive movements, fades and reveals.
Step 5: Using Mixcraft 8 one-click publishing features:1. Click on "File" in the menu bar. Drop down and select "Publish".
2. Select and log on to music and video sites to publish to and promote on.
4. Add song title, artist / band info, bio credits, genre and promotional copy. Click on "Publish" for simultaneous upload to selected music and video sites.
Please enjoy my "Gig Demo Video"